Monday, 1 April 2013

Pearls

You're probably really fed up of me talking about the weather, but I have to mention the fact that it's actually starting to get warmer. I quote from the Met Office 'There remain signs of a transition from the current colder than average conditions to more typical conditions for the time of year taking place during mid-April'. This and the fact that it's Easter has put me in a good mood for the past few days and there's lots to look forward to - I'm currently counting down the days until I go and see Imagine Dragons in concert (check them out if you don't already know them, see here).
Enough of my ramblings and onto my outfit. This has to be one of my favourite shirts. I bought it around about this time last year from a vintage fair. I just love the print so much and the style of it. I bought the skirt from Topshop recently with some of my birthday money. I'd been eyeing it up for a while so I was quick to buy it when I had the chance. The problem with being able to make my own clothes is that I can never justify buying anything remotely expensive. If I see something I like, I'll ask myself whether I could easily make it and if not then it's not worth the money (I'll usually end up searching on eBay for something cheaper!). This skirt, however, is unusual in the way that it has different levels and sections to it. It's a bit similar to the panel skirt I made ages ago (here). I'm also a huge fan of the zips on this skirt. I hate sewing zips so I'd say it was justified.
What do you think of my outfit? How has your Easter been?










 skirt - Topshop
shirt - vintage
shoes - birthday present

27 comments:

  1. Love the shirt! I have a gold one that looks just like this that my mother gave me from her wardrobe years ago. The skirt and the shoes are gorgeous as well, great pieces!(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the skirt and top so pretty!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this outfit, that shirt is gorgeous, right up my street!x

    makeupmusicfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I have just fallen in love with this shirt! So gorgeous!! Love your style, new follower alert!!

    Fiona xo
    www.thescarletribbonblog.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally eclectic! Love this skirt and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shirt!

    Feel free to visit my blog too :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! So jealous that you're going to see Imagine Dragons! :P

    Monica x
    The Total Opposite

    ReplyDelete
  8. In love with that skirt! Good use of Birthday money :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your skirt

    http://bayuradith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. your blouse is just amazing! wonderful print.

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable style, love that top!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
    Kristin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. really great outfit, I love the skirt!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the shirt and the skirt! I totally agree with you-some clothes are overpriced for absolutely no reason!

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha I constantly go on about the weather too :P I'm really loving that skirt! xxx
    http://lesimplyclassy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. We really like the fact that you dared to wear two different prints together. Well done, such a lovely combination! :*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this combination, amazing outfit!!
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this outfit! Great style :)
    x
    www.chaoticyetchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice blog and a very classy outfit, you look like a real lady :)

    www.just-anotherfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in love with your skirt! <3

    xo, Keith | thevibrantditch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I dont quit understand your style and i love it. ( :
    the top in bottom have nothing in common but they look so well together. the fact u made that skirt, respect. its soo cute. i like the structure going on here.

    janaelavae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. the skirt is sooo cool ! i wish i could have one like that with the structure and everything !
    the design is amazing ! and how you paired it with the top, i like your uniqueness (:
    the top is also nice in its own way, like you said being all vintage-y !

    xoxo Rei
    couturecrush.net

    ReplyDelete