Sunday, 19 May 2013

Floral Skirt

Anyone watch Eurovision last night? It was a pretty good show I thought (apart from a few questionable performances). 19th wasn't too bad for the UK, especially compared to last year's position. Did anyone else like Greece's Alcohol is free? and Azerbaijan's box thing they had going on?- my favourites!

Look at that, the monochrome/floral/crop top trends all in one! Sorry these aren't the best photos but my brother's annoying refusal to take them properly is the reason for this. I made the skirt on Wednesday. When I saw this fabric in the fabric shop I couldn't resist buying it - it's such a lovely print. I'm actually really pleased with this skirt as there's nothing much I can really complain about it (this almost never happens). I really like this style of skirt and its actually fairly quick to make (approx 2 1/2 hours) so I'll probably make a few more like this at some point. I bought the top with a New Look gift card I received for my birthday. I've never worn a crop top before (except when I was about 7 so that doesn't exactly count!) so I'm diving into new territory, but I like how easy it is to throw on and is perfect for the summer (if it ever decides to come!). I've paired the outfit with my New Look heels - can't really go wrong with them. 
What do you think of my outfit?












top - New Look
skirt - homemade
shoes - New Look

20 comments:

  1. How can you say that Cezar was questionable?! He's got a gift ;)
    I love the skirt and will be forever enviable of your amazing sewing machine skills! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is beautiful :) This is such a nice outfit :)
    Jessica xx
    www.fashionmagical.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Eurovision! I thought Romania was hilarious but Denmark's win was definitely deserved! Graham Norton was absolutely hilarious though - made the show!

    Great outfit and I adore your skirt!
    Yinyin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did such a great job with mixing this top and skirt together! I love the tiny part of skin showing - it's definitely not too much :) Haha and omg, Greece's song was HILARIOUS! Estonia also didn't end up in a good place but hey - it's still something! I loved Ukrainian song, it was so beautiful :)

    Much love,

    Http://zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the skirt and top so much! gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your skirt!! Did you make the pattern up yourself? I have so much fabric I want to turn into skirts!

    P.S. Your legs are amazing!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! Love it!

    pretyandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so lovely! You are stunning :)

    www.chaoticyetchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning skirt and i really liked the top.
    Come visit my blog, if you follow I follow right back (:

    nasty-lady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am crazy about this combination! I find it so classy and chic. :) And you won a new follower with this one! I followed you on Bloglovin' and GFC. Do check out my site too!:)

    ramblingrealities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this look, really cute x

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty skirt


    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute outfit. Everything is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greece was one of my faves too!! The crop looks awesome and I LOVE that skirt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look very pretty! Love the skirt :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty pretty skirt!

    I have to admit I had no clue what Eurovision is and how big it was, before I lived here in Europe.

    It was definitely entertaining though agree with you about some questionable acts :p Happy though that my host country Denmark won! I liked Norway's number as well.

    Rachelle
    http://lilmissprimbutnotproper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This skirt you made is so lovely and combined with the cropped top, it's just perfect!

    http://www.tributetothetribe.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. ah your amazing, cant believe this is a homemade skirt!
    The colours of this look perfect on you, great outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look soooo pretty, love the skirt and the shoes! I watched Eurovision, it was pretty good, and yes, Alcohol is free was very underrated!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. amazing skirt!!

    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/2013/05/amsterdam-day-2/

    ReplyDelete