Saturday, 15 June 2013

Back to monochrome

I've been trying to spruce up my outfits with some colour recently (in the hope it might make the weather warmer - evidently doesn't work) but today I opted for a simple black and white outfit. I've shown most of these items on my blog before (my shirt here and my skirt here) but my bag is something new. I bought it at a vintage fair a while back (£15, I think), thinking that it would be perfect for school. It's not actually big enough though so I haven't used it as much as I had hoped over the last year but I still don't regret the purchase. My skirt is from ebay. I've unfortunately managed to get oil paint all over it (skillful hiding going on here) which is impossible to get off so it's only really wearable when I'm wearing a jacket or with a bag now. I always seem to get paint all over my clothes (not unexpected as I'm an art student) but I still don't seem to have learnt my lesson and continue on wearing my usual clothes every day. My shoes have to be one of my best purchases at £25 in the Office sale. Although £25 is a fair amount (especially compared to Primark/New Look shoes) they're really comfy and have and will last a long time. 

What do you think of my outfit? What have been your best purchases?










skirt - Miss Selfridge via ebay
shirt - Topshop/present
shoes - Office
bag - vintage

and my giveaway - 3 days left!

21 comments:

  1. I love that bag! Where is that from? Cute outfit too xD

    Dan x
    http://trendingfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your shirt! You look fabulous!

    Yinyin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is so cool!!! Love the whole look, you always look flawless!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your shoes! They are soo cool :)
    Jessica xx
    www.fashionmagical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shirt, I've been wearing a lot of black lately too, this weather doesn't exactly make you feel very colourful does it? Ha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the shirt - the collar tips are so cute!

    bec X
    honeythumb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing shoes! Following ur great blog and I'd like to invote u to join mine :) Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning... love your look :)

    http://bayuradith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are beautiful :)

    don't forget to check my blog:
    www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this little look! That shirt is gorgeous and I love those shoes

    Kylie x
    http://lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG those shoes are beaut x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your shoes!!! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your outfit - cute skirt!!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    High Street Fashion, Beauty & Celebrity
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely adore your shoes! want them so much now!
    love your style

    www.enthuse-me.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got this blouse, and I always play it safe with jeans or disco pants, but I love how you've styled it!

    www.flutteringlashes-lou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! Your shirt and your skirt look great together. I own so many clothes with paint stains, I figure it just makes you look more creative! xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow girl, I love those pattern combinations! Great outift <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that bag its very special!

    xx

    liquoriceandpumps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete