Monday, 7 October 2013

Mock of a smock

I've been feeling pretty uninspired by my wardrobe lately (...an excuse to buy a whole new one maybe??) as I'm pretty bored of wearing the same clothes over and over again. So I decided that I'd spend a couple of hours today making this dress. I have had two smock dresses (here and here) but one shrunk in the wash and I left one in a hotel room *cry*, so this kind of style was an obvious choice. The fabric is also perfect for it - it's very lightweight and has a bit of a stretch to it. The print is very summery but I'd still be happy to wear in the autumn with some dark tights (such as below), my studded boots and a jacket. I'm still undecided whether to keep it for myself or add it to my shop - what do you reckon? I definitely want to make more dresses like this to sell though,... perhaps with long sleeves? Anyway, I haven't worn my silver heels in a while so I added these and a set of pearls to complete the look.

How was your weekend? What do you think of my dress?








dress - homemade
heels - New Look

14 comments:

  1. super!:) xo
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im in love with your dress and shoes! You look fabulous.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it how this was like " uh I have nothing to wear" and instead of going shopping you made a dress! you've got talent, girl :)

    xoxo

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress! Can't believe you made that, so talented!
    Sarah x
    thepalettee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. :)

    http://symbafashion.blogspot.com/2013/10/dog-print.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So chic!!

    www.shareasecret.wordpress.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely bog <3 you look amazing!

    Lets follow each other in GFC, Bloglovin and FB :)

    Kindly let me know where all you are following and I will return the favor :D

    ReplyDelete