Tuesday, 10 December 2013

5 Christmas Outfits

As we're nearing Christmas, I came up 5 christmas/winter outfits from my wardrobe. Let me know which one is your favourite...

dress - old, heels - Faith, bag - charity shop (gift)
1. When I put 'old' for an item it generally means either 1. I don't know where it's from as I bought/received it so long ago or 2. I was given it by someone who no longer wanted it. This dress in particular was given to me by one of my Mum's friends. I've always wanted to own a sequin dress and like many people I am instantly attracted to anything sparkly I see in a shop, so it's really exciting receiving this dress for free. My bag is one of my favourites (I use it all the time!) ever since I got it as a christmas present last year. It's just the perfect size for carrying around the essentials. 
 shirt - vintage market, jeans - River Island
2. It feels like such a long time ago I bought this shirt from the Brick Lane market. Printed shirts are a great way to dress up any outfit and easily throw on with a plain pair of jeans or skirt. I'd definitely recommend River Island for buying trousers (though considering I only own two pairs of trousers it's probably best not to trust my judgement) as they fit so well and there are some really nice styles. 
 top - buy it here, skirt - Topshop (buy it here), necklace - River Island
3. I'm a sucker for any fringed/lace items so I absolutely love this top. I really want to experiment a bit more with layering tops over skirts rather than tucking them in as I think it can look really good when styled right. I love the mix of gold and black in this outfit and it would look perfect with a bright red lipstick. 
 tights - gift, shirt - ebay, skirt - Topshop
4. This is more of a day outfit but it of course wouldn't be finished without a pair of sparkly tights. When it gets to this time of year, my christmassy tights come out the wardrobe and are often worn around the house and occasionally on an outing. I am in love with the Urban Outfitters and Topshop glittery socks though and I'm wondering whether to sacrifice my only pair of these tights to make my own socks. What do you think?
tights - gift, dress - Rokit Vintage, heels - ebay
5. The final outfit includes another pair of christmas tights - these ones are gold. My only velvet item is this dress and it's so good for wearing both during the day and at night. The colour of it also makes it perfect for wearing in all seasons. 

Don't forget to keep checking for the blog of the day this month. If you've missed any, you can see all of them by clicking on Advent Calendar at the top of the page.  

9 comments:

  1. Nice holiday outfits really, I love the first and
    the second last one c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the outfits but my favorite is the first. Love the glitter.

    If you have a minute, I will love for you to enter a Worldwide Christmas Giveaway i am hosting.
    10 winners will be selected:

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com/2013/12/persunmall-christmas-giveaway.html#.UqbGTeKmctg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first outfit and the last outfit! And all the shoes are amazing!

    http://lauramayhaynes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first one, maybe cause I'm a vintage nerd, but I love, love, love those heels, and that bag is also fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have great style!! I absolutely adore the first and third outfit. Fringe + lace= can’t beat it. If you get a chance, could you please check out my blog? :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfits! Really love the first and 3rd ones!!

    http://sarahlikesfashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the fourth outfit, that skirt is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete