Friday, 21 February 2014

Fantasies and Fairytales Part 2

Do you remember when I did my first fairytale photoshoot here? well here's part 2 and my second outcome. We had to make this outcome at school during exam time which I hate doing because I work so much better at home when I can try it on and don't need to rush (...but don't even get me started on how unfair my school has been this year with art and textiles). Anyway, I am really disappointed with this dress and wish I could have done it all over again. I'm hoping my next project is going to be more successful and I'm feeling the motivation this time around so fingers crossed I won't lose that. The only part I like in this piece would be the repeat design which I designed and created myself and you can see the example below. As for everything else, I created the skirt by stitching diagonal lengths of string and adding pearls and the peplum is lace over the top of some pink fabric and stitched over the top of.













6 comments:

  1. Great outfit! Your dress is so unique! Thanks for stopping by! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Facebook or bloglovin to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was proud of myself that I managed to sew a circle skirt, I am no longer proud. What you have made is stunning and so unusual. If you don't get an A no one will. How could you be disappointed with it? Can't believe you made this under time restraints as well!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are disappointed in the dress - you shouldn't be, I couldn't even sew a button back on, haha!

    Hope you have a nice weekend.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I have friends that are studying desing and they always get the same feeling, but it looks really good! Love the lace peplum.

    Kisses
    Marina
    http://www.sharpenstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the immense creativity that went into this amazing dress, the details are wonderful!Thanks for lending me your thoughts on my last post dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super awesome pics :)
    Over cool outfit
    <3

    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/02/iron-club.html

    ReplyDelete