Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Karen Margolis

So as you may be aware, I'm currently in my second year of A level textiles and am working on my final project. It's based around the idea of microbiology and cells etc. etc. As part of our coursework we have to create responses to certain designers/artists which we find inspiring and this is one of mine based on Karen Margolis's work (see below). I (+ a group of my friends who helped me out) made the circles by wrapping pieces of wire in fabric and then attaching them all together.  Originally my plan had been to make a skirt but I soon realised that that was slightly over ambitious so I settled on a corset instead. 

My response







The artist's work




7 comments:

  1. wow i love your inspiration and the way you interpreted your inspiration! what a stunning bustier-esque garment! very creative :D

    http://katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your idea.. very inspired.

    http://bayuradith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are talented. wow, amazing works and Idea. I have followed you on bloglovin to be in touch with you, I'd be happy to have you as one of my followers.
    kiss.

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so stunning! Very creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god, well done, it's stunning! <3

    Kiss !
    Sofia,
    nuagedemoutons.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow love the idea!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab idea, I love the colours.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete