Saturday, 17 May 2014

Summer

Yesterday was my last day of school....in my life....ever! I don't think it's really sunk in yet and it probably won't until I head off to UCA in September. In the meantime, I've only got 2 exams at the end of June now (as I've finished off my art and textiles already) so I'm planning on making loads of clothes whether it's for my shop or just to practise some new techniques in the 4 months of summer I now have. To start with I decided to make this skirt. I didn't have enough fabric to pleat it fully all around so all the volume is at the front (something I would have changed) but I think the overall effect is quite nice. I paired it with my white shirt and my Office heels. 







 skirt - homemade (buy it here)
shirt - charity shop
shoes - Office

10 comments:

  1. This skirt is so pretty, love the outfit!
    www.thefancyfashioncastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and well done Charlotte. So happy for you. Enjoy the summer and get the creative juice coming. Been following you through it all. Now your outfit is a darling. Love your skirt is a such a pretty color and you look adorable.

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com


    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt looks lovely and I absolutely love the print! It's just perfect for this weather. :)
    Your last last day of school, eh? That sounds like a pretty crazy experience. A pretty big chapter of your life is over now, but I'm so excited for you to embark on this new journey and start that new chapter. And I hope you get to have a ton of fun this summer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Skirt! Congratulations - I hope you had fun on your last day! Don't forget to have bags of fun this summer - it's probably the best summer since there's no stress before university!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last day of your school sounds great, I think that you was excited! Your handmade skirt is amazing and you look so pretty in it!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your skirt!
    You look so pretty and chique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on finishing your classes!! hope you have lots of time to make your clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beyond cute. Love the whole outfit.

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this chic look! The skirt is gorgeous :)


    What She Buys

    ReplyDelete