Friday, 22 August 2014

Maui

After Kauai, we travelled to Maui (another one of the Hawaiian islands). Maui is actually the second largest after Big Island. Again, we spent our first day and a half in the hotel (+ we did a bit of snorkelling). Our second day was a very long day since we drove along the Hana Highway which was a 2 hour drive on the coast of Maui and along the edge of the rainforest. Our destination was the Pipiwai Trail which took you past several pools and through a bamboo forest to the Waimoku Falls. On the way back we also stopped off at the Waianapanapa black sand beach. 

This is quite a long post since I managed to take photos for both the day and night. The first outfit is a pretty typical beachy outfit. I found this top in the charity shop (originally from Topshop) and thought it would be great for days lying by the pool and to just throw on. My shorts are really old and diy'd. I'd really love a classic pair of high waisted denim shorts rather than these horrible ones but I just can't justify spending the money on something I'll only wear a few weeks a year!
My evening outfit features a dress that I made last month. The top section is made of a mesh material and I just pleated the blue fabric so that it hangs in quite a unique way. 
Day






Evening






The Hana Highway
Banyan Tree
 Black Sand Beach

 Pipiwai Trail

1st outfit - top - Topshop via charity shop, shorts - old/diy
2nd outfit - dress - homemade, sandals, - primark

8 comments:

  1. great look and beautiful photos & place:) x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so so beautiful! I can't believe you made that dress
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the print of that top! and that dress is gorgeous, beautifully made!

    anna from www.styleskittle.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time visits here, nice blog and sharing, I wish you to have a happy day~ =D

    Regards,
    (A Growing Teenager Diary Malaysia)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pictures! Glad I found your blog on ASOS Fashion Finder :)
    I'm your latest Bloglovin follower girl, love your style <3

    xoxo Iris
    A Dash Of Fash

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dress so much! Thanks for sharing this post
    here! Would you like to follow each other on GFC,
    Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme know &
    keep in touch!

    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great style :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw Hawaii! I miss you so. It's so beautiful! I hope you had an amazing time, seeing your pictures has made me very nostalgic and sad!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete