This is a slightly different post as it features my friend, Libby, wearing one of my final outcomes for my Art Foundation course. The really short project (about 2 weeks) involved making 2 accessories based around our research of Surrealism, and using things which are 'destined for the dustbin'. I made one necklace out of wires, and then this bag out of old receipts. As I really need to bulk up my portfolio, I decided to make this dress to go with it. If you're interested in how I made it (or if not stop reading now!), I created my own panelled pattern for the top on which the middle I printed (just using a standard printer haha) and the side panels I actually stitched together some receipts and covered it with a plastic fabric, on to which I ironed to create the cool black ombre effect.
dress - homemade