Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Art Foundation: receipt dress

This is a slightly different post as it features my friend, Libby, wearing one of my final outcomes for my Art Foundation course. The really short project (about 2 weeks) involved making 2 accessories based around our research of Surrealism, and using things which are 'destined for the dustbin'. I made one necklace out of wires, and then this bag out of old receipts. As I really need to bulk up my portfolio, I decided to make this dress to go with it. If you're interested in how I made it (or if not stop reading now!), I created my own panelled pattern for the top on which the middle I printed (just using a standard printer haha) and the side panels I actually stitched together some receipts and covered it with a plastic fabric, on to which I ironed to create the cool black ombre effect. 











 dress - homemade

3 comments:

  1. Hi charlotte!

    This is a really cool idea!

    Takes me back to my art foundation days.... i remember making a skirt that turned into a bag! lol that was confusing.

    are you applying to uni at the moment for fashion courses??

    Love Shani xo
    Co-founder at Style Honey
    www.stylehoney.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great articles and great layout. Your blog post deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting.
    https://www.kisiri.co.za/homecoming-dresses-320

    ReplyDelete