Saturday, 17 January 2015

Lace and Suede

Although it's only January I've been thinking a lot about my summer wardrobe so I decided I'd get a head start and make this skirt and top. I actually used a commercial pattern for the skirt which I was given as a Christmas present. I never normally use a ready made pattern as I prefer to make my own to fit with my own designs, but I decided I'd give it a go and it was actually really interesting trying out new techniques (such as the slit at the front, and using 3 panels instead of 2/4). You can't see in these photos but the fabric is actually a suede material. It's also just occurred to me that I probably should have ironed my skirt before taking these photos! For the crop top, I used my own pattern this time, layering lace over a lining. I also decided to add flared sleeves as it's something that I've been searching for online recently.






 skirt - homemade
top - homemade
boots - Office

8 comments:

  1. Great :) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole outfit is peeeeerfect! I absolutely love the sleeves, and the slit at the skirt is such a great detail! I'm making a lot of clothes myself as well and was wondering; how long does it take you to sew an item?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lace detail is very cute! It makes you look very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful look! i absolutely adore your top! so pretty :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe you made these pieces, such a talented lady! You look gorg as per :)

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is soo cute. I love the top x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top is amazing! Super talented, girl x

    ReplyDelete