Friday, 1 September 2017

Artist: Butcher Billy

After watching the latest series of Black Mirror, I was really intrigued by some of the future predictions/alternate realities within the programme. It's really interesting to think about the idea of predicting the future. After reading Farenheit 451 over the summer, it reminded me a lot of this, in the way that it predicted things that have actually turned out to be real. I wonder how much of Black Mirror will happen in the future? 
Anyway, after researching into Black Mirror, I discovered these artworks by the artist Butcher Billy who reimagined all of the episodes as comic/magazine covers in the 1970s. He's also done a lot of other really intriguing pieces of work such as the below ones representing different David Bowie songs. Considering my idea about science fiction/predicting the future, I'm going to start looking into past science magazines and comics. 





 All images by Butcher Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment